Wedding Places - The Tavern at Lark Creek, 234 Magnolia Avenue Larkspur, CA 94939

The Tavern at Lark Creek, 1 from the hottest eating places within the Bay Region, is really a pleasant location to get a wedding ceremony or reception. Inbuilt 1888, this former Victorian nation house is nestled inside a grove of redwoods, subsequent to a flowing creek. Daylight filters via trees and windows, warming the tables within the Primary Eating Space. Overhead, an huge skylight produces an open, airy ambiance. Muted colours, wealthy wooden paneling and rotating exhibits of authentic artwork total the tasteful inside. Outdoors, the Creekside Patio is ideal to get a romantic outside ceremony, and also the formal entrance backyard with fountain offers a beautiful backdrop for images.

The Tavern at Lark Creek has obtained nationwide acclaim also as nearby restaurant awards, and we've discovered the meals right here to become a few of the greatest we’ve ever tasted. Be aware that the unique occasions supervisor is accessible to coordinate all elements of one's celebration, such as rehearsal, ceremony and reception. 

People Reviews about The Tavern at Lark Creek

The weather was gorgeous so we got a table outside and even though the fog was slowly rolling in over the mountains, we never saw or felt it. Started with a Chardonnay and I with a Cava - both were delicious. We ate the ahi tuna crudo which I had on my previous visit and thought it was just as delicious. Picture tiny, gelatinous pieces of fresh tuna with little balls of jicama, a few supremed orange slices and a light sprinkling of olive oil and salt and you get the idea. Now add fennel fronds and pork cracklings and you now see what makes this dish so delicious.

On our recent vacation to SF local friends took us here for an early dinner. I judge restaurants by what's on the plate, but also by the atmosphere of the facility itself. I'll warn you up front I'm giving this place a full star more than I might JUST BECAUSE of the atmosphere. Rarely do I eat at a restaurant where I'm thinking "I could live here". Not in the town nearby, but IN the restaurant! The Tavern is an old house set in several acres of towering trees. If you've ever been to Wisconsin you'll know what I mean when I say it was very Door County. We were seated outside among the trees on their beautiful patio. The setting was as close to perfect you could ever hope for. On to the meal! Cocktails first. A very innovative and original selection of drinks were listed on a separate list. I had a cucumber-based martini that was amazing. They of course had an exceptional selection of wines and beer also. I ordered the bacon wrapped barbecued meatloaf. This was definitely a version of heaven on a plate. Just outstanding. My wife had the halibut and reported it as being delicious. A couple steaks were also ordered. My 9 year old daughter polished off her steak that was slightly smaller than a frisbee. She liked it! Dessert in my opinion was the one slight misstep with a couple of the items seeming to be slightly less than 100% fresh. This was easily forgiven with the attentive helpful service, and the gorgeous surroundings. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a special night out.

They have a great caesar salad and deserts are good. My biggest quibble was the hamburger.  I would not have normally ordered a hamburger on a Saturday night, but one of my favorite hamburgers is the one they serve on the bar menu at Bradley Ogden in Caesar's in Las Vegas.  I assumed Ogden's burger at his home base would have been as good.  While it was OK, it did not compare to his LV version.

I had a good experience here overall. Service was really good,
atmosphere was nice (almost pubbish) and I enjoyed my food.
I think the seasoning on all my dishes was on the mild side,
which is probably a good thing, but I just wish the flavor in them
had been stronger. It also gets fairly loud, which makes it hard to
have conversations with the person next to you, unless you talk
obnoxiously loudly like some of the guests around us. I'm waiting to
go back for breakfast and lunch to see what else they have to offer.

The amount of capability of Traven is:

CEREMONY Capability: The Creekside Patio holds a hundred and fifty seated or 200 standing friends. Indoors, the Inn holds as much as 50 seated friends.

EVENT/RECEPTION & MEETING Capability: Private rooms hold 24-40 seated or 40-60 standing friends indoors. The patio holds 60 seated or one hundred standing outdoors. The entire restaurant, such as the patio, can accommodate 180 seated or 300 standing friends.